Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Naughty Inventions

I watched Top Gear (the British show about fast and expensive cars) last night and the host, Jeremy Clarkson, was introducing a new car from Holden, an Australian car manufacturer.

He started off with the intro saying somewhat: Australian didn't have any smart engineers or inventions except for the creation of the Hills Hoist.


Although I'm not a Holden fan, I'm a big fan of inventions. He didn't seem to know we invented the Black Box Flight Recorder, the bionic ear, the combine harvester, etc.

I love learning new inventions and you can find a few heros in my stories as inventors. That get me thinking: I've yet to write a heroine as an inventor.

What kind of naughty inventions should she create?

2 comments:

  1. Clever idea to have heroes as inventors.
    Makes them unique.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
    http://www.morganmandel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's hard to create an invention for the heroes though, a bit of science background or research is needed. Thanks Morgan.

    ReplyDelete