Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen

I live in Sydney, an area that used to be famous for Granny Smith apples. Nowadays you will only see rows and rows of apartments. But each year in October, we have a Granny Smith Festival, to continue the tradition of celebrating the harvest.

This year, I went out for a walk right before the end of the festival. Guess what, I caught the last two songs. It's ABBA's Mamma Mia and Dancing Queen. I was thinking of Colin Firth in the Mamma Mia movie while I sang to the tune. It's fun.

The fireworks this year were exceptionally good. I wonder why people often seem to be so fascinated with fireworks. Is it the light in the darkness, representing hope amid mystery?

What are your favourite party songs?

Photos from wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment